History

energopomiar_historia_firmyThe history of development of Energopomiar, from a company involved mainly in measuring work to a modern company ready to undertake advanced consulting services, is inextricably linked with the development and restructuring of the Polish power industry.

For over 60 years the offer of Energopomiar has been the answer to changes in power industry. The major areas of Energopomiar’s activity were initiated in the very beginning of its existence. Tests, measurements and diagnostics of power units and equipment, air protection installations, etching, chemical cleaning, steam blowdown, consulting and measurements related to operation of equipment or environmental protection, technical and economic control of operation – all these services are derived from the roots of Energopomiar and are constantly developed and adjusted to current legal regulations or changes in technology.

Major data in the company history:

  • On August 1, 1950, Research and Testing Company Energopomiar was set up on the basis of the Central Laboratory of Power Industry at Energobudowa Power Plant Building Company.
  • In 1952 the Minister of Power Industry granted Energopomiar the status and authorization of an independent state company. The scope of activity covered thermal and electric measurements at power plants and power grid plants, testing at thermal, electric and chemical laboratories and the implementation of technical progress in power industry. Professor Lucjan Nehrebecki took up the post of Technical Director and then the post of Managing Director.
  • In 1963 the name of the company was changed into Power Research and Testing Company Energopomiar.
  • In 1964 the Minister of Mining and Power Industry specified a new scope of Energopomiar’s activity which covered, among others, complex technical tasks and services, research and experimental work related to technical progress in power industry and modernization and operation of power equipment.
  • In 1974 the Research Centre of Environmental Protection in Power Industry was formed at Energopomiar.
  • In 1991 Energopomiar was transformed from a state company into a one-person company of the State Treasury.
  • Since 1991 Power Research and Testing Company Energopomiar has been a limited liability company.
  • In 1992 the activity of the Division of Electrical Engineering and Electric Energy Management was undertaken by two limited liability companies: the Company of Electric Energy Services Energotest-Energopomiar and Power Research & Testing Company Energopomiar-Elektryka.
  • In 1995 PSE Operator SA, 13 public power plants, the Polish Society of Public CHP Plants, the Economic Society Polish Power Plants and employees became, apart from the State Treasury, shareholders of Energopomiar.
  • In 1997 Complex Services Office was established which provided Owner’s Engineer services and complex investment consultancy (now: Consulting and Investor Supervision Office).
  • In 2008 Energopomiar sold the shares of the Company of Electric Energy Services Energotest-Energopomiar to Elektrobudowa SA.